The main objective of the scheme is to provide for the enhancement of livelihood security of the households in rural areas by providing at least one hundred days of guaranteed wages employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work. At present the District has 134 villages with a total number of 34,499 job card holders which is divided in 7 blocks.
Permissible work under MGNREGA
- Water conservation and water harvesting
- Drought Proofing(including afforestation)
- Irrigation canals
- Provision of Irrigation family to land owned household belonging to SC/ST
- Renovation of traditional water bodies
- Land development
- Flood control
- Rural connectivity
- Other works notified by central government in consultation with the state government.
To Provide for the enhancement of livelihood security of the households in rural areas.
How To Apply