DISTRCICT AND SESSIONS COURT WOKHA
Wokha District Court is situated at Deputy Commissioner Office building, Wokha: Nagaland.
Wokha District Court was established in the year 1987 with ADC(J) Shri. L. Sosang as the first Magistrate followed by ADC(J) Shri. Imtitemsu and ADC(J) and ADC(J) Shri. K. Chopi, ADC(J) Shri. Khape Kosa, ADC(J) Shri. Benjamin Newmai, Shri. Ramliah Zeliang. And after the separation of Judiciary from Executive Shri. L.N. Sema was assigned as the first ADC(J) till 2009. Later with the establishment of District & Sessions Court, Wokha the following District & Sessions Judge was posted at Wokha.
District & Sessions Jugde.
- V. Nyekha(NJS) : 2009-2013
- Hukato Swu(NJS) : 2013-2015
- Khrulto Koso (NJS) : 2016-2018
- Nino Iralu(NJS). : 2018-
Jurisdiction of the District & Sessions Court, Wokha & Magistrate, Wokha.
The District & Sessions Court Wokha has also constitute a Consumer Redressal Forum, Juvenile Justice Board(JJB) and Motor Accident Claims Tribunal(MACT) Board.
The District Court, Wokha also established Wokha District Legal Services Authority under the Nagaland State Legal Services Authority with its Front Office situated at District & Session’s Court.
The Wokha District Legal Services Authority has also established Legal Services Clinic at:
- District Jail Legal Aid Clinic
- Ralan Legal Aid Clinic at New Ralan
- Wozhuro Legal Aid Clinic at Wozhuro Community Hall
- Longsa Legal Aid Clinic at Longsa Community Hall
- Sanis Legal Aid Clinic at Sanis Junction
- Tiyi College Legal Aid Clinic
- Bhandari Legal Aid Clinic
The Wokha District Legal Services Authority has also established Legal Literacy Club at:
- Higher Secondary Legal Literacy Club
- Sinai Legal Literacy Club
- CMHS Legal Literacy Club
- Springdale Legal Literacy Club
- Little Angel School Legal Literacy Club.